Anyhoo...apparently, we're having Spring weather...in the dead of Winter. I've seen several birds that shouldn't even be here anymore. They ought to be down south enjoying a dry martini with the geriatrics in Florida. I think I saw a rabbit yesterday when he should be tucked away sleeping somewhere. And the tulip buds are actually breaking free from the cold soil outside.
They died when Winter started a few weeks ago, but since it's too "warm," they're coming out again.
Of course there's a metaphor here somewhere. Of course I'm going to jump all over it like peanut butter.
Slowly, silently, and then abruptly...the idea of living here has ceased to be entirely repulsive for me. Maybe it's because I've come to accept the undeniable fact that life is moving on. Or my Inner Borg has taken over and I have adapted. Or maybe because I'm getting married in 6 months and I don't have to be "alone" here anymore. Whatever the reason, this dead tulip has been given a reprieve. Spring weather is upon us (albeit not for a long time...them weather folks say it's going to snow pretty soon...) and the buds are a-peakin'.
I feel sorta guilty for not hating the States as much. But it doesn't mean I love the Philippines any less. I grudgingly like being here. Not love. Kumbaga crush lang muna to.
Someday, I will live in the Philippines again. "By hook or by criminal!" Till then, I'll just keep clicking my heels and dream of home.
There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home...
No comments:
Post a Comment