It's pregnant season and everyone's getting pregnant except me. :-( While I couldn't be happier for my friends, Selfish Me couldn't be sadder for myself. I know, I know, it'll happen when I least expect it; there's always adoption; I'm still young; yadda-yadda-yadda. Believe me, every excuse and platitude that comes with the territory, I've heard and told myself before. Believe me, my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for almost a year now. I'm not looking for comfort, I'm just indulging in a bit of selfish pessimism. I know I should be getting a check up to determine whether or not getting pregnant is in the cards for me - but I'm too (a) busy, (b) scared, (c) neck-deep in BS to find out for sure.
Yeah, well, maybe I should just do it. Yeah, I'll see the doctor on Monday.
Meanwhile, Angelina Jolie I am not, but if you know of any child looking for a mommy, tell them you know a mommy-wanna-be looking for a child to love.
Lord, teach me to accept your will.
indulge, but don't dwell
ReplyDeleteoh katz, you'd be a great mom! the way you mommy all your friends shows it. :)
ReplyDeletei'm sure that whichever way you end up having a kid, whether you conceive one of adopt one, you'll be very happy. i remember when i took jay's son to his first basketball clinic and he didn't do so well but he tried his best and he ran as fast as he could with his skinny legs; and my heart sank because i wanted so much for him to be "mine", when in fact he was mine. just not biologically, but he knows i love him to death and i nag him the way a mom should.
we get what we wish for in mysterious ways. God has a plan for everyone and I'm certain that his plan for you and che includes bringing up and nurturing a wonderful human being. :)
you'll always have us as kids back here at home ma'am. :)
ReplyDeleteMare, I mean inaanak (shudder!), it will happen. I believe it will. I pray that it will and when you get pregnant (buti na lang you haven't stopped TRYING!), can you name the baby BANANA? :-)
ReplyDeleteHug kita! Basta, it will happen. Ninang knows best. Hahaha!
Thanks, Alia. I just need to keep telling myself that. :-)
ReplyDeleteBut you guys are so big now! You don't need me anymore! Haha! But I know what you mean, Carlos. Thanks for saying that. You guys will always be my "first" kids. :-)
ReplyDeleteI'll hang to your prayers for comfort! :-)
ReplyDeletePwede bang nickname na lang yung "Banana"? Hahaha! :-)
pwede, pwedeng nickname banana.
ReplyDeleteDon't lose hope, Katz.