His lecture was on what he and Charles Mee have been working on: the Cardenio Project. Through the project, he and Mee reveal the cultural mobility of Story. I can try explaining it, but no one can do it as well as Greenblatt himself, so go read about it when you have the time.
We were required to make a paper on his lecture, and because he was so inspiring, *swoon again* I got an A! I made a Filipino version of Cardenio, revealing the hybridity of current Filipino culture, a result of being colonized for many years.
Anyway, here he is in The Colbert Report with another Stephen that I hugely adore. He discusses how McCain and Obama can be likened to several Shakespearean characters. See? Funny, intelligent, and great looking. My perfect nerdy matinee idol. LOL!. :-)
so he panders to your 'electra complex' tendencies huh? katz i love your sense of humour ... just to let you know i really enjoy your blogs!
ReplyDeleteLOL! I'm glad you enjoy them. Nice to "see" you back! Hope you had a wonderful vacation (or was it more like a tour?) :-)
ReplyDeletemore of vacation...attended my godmother's 89th birthday anniversary in zamboanga city
ReplyDelete