Anyhoo, I just wanted to make a quick post because in the midst of all the stress, I managed to find one "weeeee!" moment (ala Liesl Von Trapp when she had her first kiss). I had to submit a project inside an envelope that looks like a house for one of my classes (don't ask, it's too convoluted to explain.) I found myself, on my second to the last semester in grad school, needing crayons to finish a project that looks like something I would assign to my students.
Oh, I can't tell you how excited I was to buy my new crayons! There were so many kinds to choose from! (Do you know that apparently, you can roll them up ala lipstick now so that they won't break or you won't have to peel the paper off when they get stubby??? I know, right?!?!). But I went back to my roots and went old school -- my only concession to high-tech-ness is the now-un-high-tech sharpener attachment.
But -- there really is a certain magic in opening a new box of crayons. All the pretty colors, all of them still clean, all in a neat row...happiness. :-)
So I share my fleeting moment of happiness with all of you. I'll allow myself to work like a madwoman starting tomorrow, but for now, I'd like to be babaw and just enjoy this moment. Enjoy it with me. :-)
P.S. I know I'm too old for stuffed toys, but I can't let go of about 5 of them. These two, Mumble and Grover, are especially dear to me since my then-boyfriend-now-husband gave them to me in a really awesome way. They add an extra dose of happiness. :-)
at bango nya, no? i know it's strange but I like the smell of crayons and newly sharpened pencils. I also like book glue and notebook paper smell...yikes, parang abnormal ako.
ReplyDeletei love the smell of new crayons! enjoy them, katz! :)
ReplyDeletei remember that as a kid, i'd try my best to use all sides of each crayon equally, so they'd stay pointy. i'd be royally pissed whenever i lent them to someone who didn't use them the way i wanted them to :P
Not at all! I know exactly what you mean. I think that's why the whole e-books thing will never catch on with me -- I still want to have the smell of pages whenever I read a book (plus a place where I can put my marginalia, hehe.)
ReplyDeleteasianeye saidi remember that as a kid, i'd try my best to use all sides of each crayon equally, so they'd stay pointy. i'd be royally pissed whenever i lent them to someone who didn't use them the way i wanted them to :P
Hahahahaha! Pareho tayo!!!
ahhh ... memories of a simpler and more innocent childhood
ReplyDelete