Got this from Aimee who got this from Vanity Fair. Here we go...
"Since July 1993, the back page of Vanity Fair has been devoted to the Proust Questionnaire, in which a noteworthy person answers a series of personal questions. The questionnaire has its origins in a parlor game popularized (though not devised) by Marcel Proust (1871–1922), the French essayist and novelist, who believed that, in answering these questions, an individual reveals his or her true nature." (VF)
1.What is your idea of perfect happiness?
I have none. Because perfect happiness...
2.What is your greatest fear?
...scares me. While perfection intrigues me and baits me, to actually achieve it scares me. What else will there be once it is achieved? And my puny human brain is incapable of wrapping itself around the notion of perfection.
3.What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
I hate my temper, although I must give myself chops because it has toned down significantly.
4.What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Deliberate ignorance -- Pareho tayo, Aims. I have such a low tolerance for ignorance (maybe that's one of the reasons I became a teacher, lol), but deliberate ignorance? Forget it. You are dead to me.
5.Which living person do you most admire?
It's difficult to answer this. Top of mind na lang: Anthony Bourdain. LOL.
6.What is your greatest extravagance?
My books, closely followed by my shoes.
7.What is your current state of mind?
Mild panic. Denial is a wonderful thing.
8.What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Conservatism.
9.On what occasion do you lie?
Playing cards ;-). But I don't do that so well.
10.What do you most dislike about your appearance?
Do you have an hour? Geez.
11.Which living person do you most despise?
There are six of them, and I don't remember any of their names, save for one.
12.What is the quality you most like in a man?
Humor and integrity.
13.What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Integrity and humor. Really, why ought it be different from what I would admire in a man?
14.Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
"Awesome" and "Crap." That means I go through both extremes a lot during the day, lol. :-)
15.What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Chaddy.
16.When and where were you happiest?
The months immediately preceding my leaving for the States in 2006. But those were also some of my saddest months.
17.Which talent would you most like to have?
To swim like that first lady who crossed the English channel. I figured it might come in handy, since the worst way to die as far as I'm concerned is by drowning.
18.If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I get hurt very easily, I just don't show it.
19.What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Getting married, not to Mr. Right, but to Mr. Right For Me.
20.If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
A star. Like the ones up there, not like a celebrity.
21.Where would you most like to live?
Manila.
22.What is your most treasured possession?
My journals.
23.What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
I don't even want to write it down for fear of having it happen too soon.
24.What is your favorite occupation?
It's a toss up between reading and writing.
25.What is your most marked characteristic?
My wit? My righteous indignation? My height? I don't know, this is best answered by someone else.
26.What do you most value in your friends?
Support.
27.Who are your favorite writers?
*groan* Not this impossible question! No, I'm walking away...
28.Who is your hero of fiction?
Lucy Pevensie
29.Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Can't say that I do with anyone.
30.Who are your heroes in real life?
Honestly? My husband. He always takes care of me.
31.What are your favorite names?
We've already picked names for our future kids (if we do have kids), but I don't want to write them down because I might jinx it! LOL.
32.What is it that you most dislike?
Like I said, deliberate ignorance.
33.What is your greatest regret?
Good answer, Aims. No regret, just remorse. I'm sorry I stayed far longer than I should have with someone in particular. But, at least I was able to gain really good friends because of my association with him. So quits lang. ;-)
34.How would you like to die?
With a smile on my face.
35.What is your motto?
Credo quia absurdum. I believe precisely because it's absurd.
indeed your answers to the questions reveal your sharp wit, depth & breadth of impatient curiousity which altogether account for your being a humorous and interesting person ha ha ha!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd your opinion of me always blows me away. I'd blush, but I'm too unladylike to do so, lol. Would an "aw, shucks" do? Thank you, Sonny. :-)
ReplyDeletenever a dull moment reading your blogs...even when you go ballistic with wrath and anger...pag-minsan in the vernacular pa!!! you just have a unique way of enriching the english language ... keep on being you...Lol!!!
ReplyDelete