Oh my goodness, I love her song! As I said earlier, anyone who knows me knows that I hate rap and R&B. Wait, actually, let me say that again: I hate "rap" and "R&B" -- not so much because they sound so alike and stupid and unoriginal, but because they totally messed up their respective genres. Modern day rap is the prostitution of poetry! (I've said that so many times, I really ought to put that on a shirt...and a mug.) When rap (or hiphop) and R&B came to be, it was because the people behind them had a story to tell. And it needed to be told in that particular manner because it was passionate and real and true. They talked of sadness, loss, triumph, and redemption.
Nowadays, all "hiphop" and "R&B" do is regurgitate the same themes: sex and violence and more sex. Puh-lease. They can't even be crass uniquely.
But that's just me.
Anyhoo. Ana though, she's different. Well, at least based on the little I know of her so far. This song, 1977, makes me believe that there is still hope within that genre. Also notice the glaring lack of gratuitous boob/ass shaking. Love it.
Watch and enjoy. :)
(Oh, it's in Spanish. Basically, she talks about her life in Chile. I'm still looking for an English translation of the song. I'll post the English lyrics as soon as I find them.)
No comments:
Post a Comment