Friday, August 27, 2010

Hello, bed rest. We meet again. (((sigh)))

Last Wednesday, I felt these weird contractions. It started in the morning and then it got progressively more intense as the day wore on. I wasn't really concerned since I've been having lots of those these days, but I was feeling, er, wetter than usual.

Some time in the afternoon, I started to feel like something was, hmmm, different. So I decided to go home a bit earlier. Eventually though, when those symptoms failed to taper off, I called Chaddy so that he could come pick me up and bring me to the hospital. I was trying to laugh things off (my first stage is happy denial), but I knew something was up -- or at least someone wanted to go down.

Well, we got to the hospital and I got the royal treatment. (Riding wheelchairs is fun!) When we got to the delivery room, I was poked and prodded once more (NOT fun!), and after a rather intense hour (I actually cried because the poking and prodding was a little too painful), it was determined that no, my cervix had not dilated yet and no, that wasn't amniotic fluid coming out of me.

I don't want to get into the gory details, but I do just want to say that I'm fine. :) I'm on some (pretty expensive) meds and I have to get some steroid injections to speed up Luci's lung development, just in case she does decide to come out a bit sooner. She's also in the breech position (her kicks to my bladder have been something else, I tell you!), so Chaddy and I have been talking to her, using the flashlight on the lower portion of my belly, and making her listen to music near my bellybutton just so she'd move into the right position.

As you can see, Aslan's been lending a helping hand as well. (Does this lion make me look fat? Hehehe...)


We also had another look-see yesterday, just to make sure everything's okay in there. Everything looks peachy so far! Chubby Cheeks Lulu is staying put for now. :)

Here she is at 29 weeks and something-something days (can't tell anymore, really):


What sucks is that I've been ordered to stay in bed for a week. Again. Ugh. I hate this, and I have so much work to do! But it's only for observation and, of course, anything for Lulukins. :)

So I've surrounded myself with all my backlog and several books to tide me over. Should be good, right? Haha. :p

So there. Just a few more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment