I am at the point where I would much rather be a stay-at-home mom. It's not the work (although there are tons of it), it's not the long hours, it's not even the hardly-enough pay...
You know the trouble with having heroes? It's realizing that not only are they also human, but sometimes, they're the sort of humans you vowed never to be. It's that disappointment that's getting to me. So amazingly disheartening. I think more than what had happened, it's that fatigue from trying to understand context upon context upon context, only to realize that it really is a lot simpler than what I keep convincing myself. It's douchebaggery, plain and simple.
Ah, the disappointment.
Oh, I know. I shall rise to the occasion. I must transcend the politics. I must become better than That Bully. I'll get to that positive rah-rah stuff when I'm in a better frame of mind. Right now, I'm just so disappointed. So meta-disappointed, I'm existentially planking.
Please, just let me be at home. Let me take care of my child and my husband. Let me explore the gastronomical wonders that our limited pantry can offer.
If you woke up to this face every day, wouldn't you agree?
![]() |
| In her car seat, on our way to the grocery, 8 months old. |

what is this?
ReplyDeleteRealignment of priorities and the embracing thereof. :)
ReplyDeletewhat happened with the 'bully'?
ReplyDeleteNot sure what you mean though. :/ (Who's this pala? Haha!)
ReplyDelete