Monday, January 14, 2013

T Minus Seven Days

One more week left in paradise.

We're all busy with this and that, the everyday life of paradise has its own share of errands and To Dos. In the last two months, I've come to find comfort in them. Next week, we fly back to Manila and I have to cram all sorts of activities and important meet ups in a month.

And I can't tell you how much this fills me with...anxiety. Oh, sure, I'm excited to see my friends again. In the past two months, close friends have had to satisfy themselves with quick online messages with my reassurances of my well being. I'm looking forward to actually touching base with them. But I'm also filled with dread, being back at the epicenter of where it all begun to unravel for me is not something that is exciting for me. I hope I've healed enough here to be strong enough for the gravity of Manila.

I think I am.

But I'm coming back to Manila a changed person. I don't know how this New Me will take to Manila.

But I'll be okay. I'll find a way to be okay. I think my friends will make it a point to have some sort of meet up with me every day, just so I won't be alone during the day when Lucia's with her dad.

I just hope everything goes smoothly. I hope everything falls into place. I hope whatever needs to be finalized gets finalized. Because as refreshing as these past two months have been, and inasmuch as I've begun to grow some roots here, I know I can't go on with the rest of my life just yet, unless all this is finalized. I'd really like to start my 2013 already. Hopefully all that needs to be settled gets settled. Amicably.

Guh.

No comments:

Post a Comment