Well, this customer is hoping to reach thousands, so hang on to your seats and see if you like them apples.
N.B. I know that much of the crap those goes on in these industries are really the big boss' faults. So this rant is directed to you big corporate bullies who think you can get away with swindling your innocent customers and letting your poor agents get all the flak.
My husband ordered a Bender Ball late last year. (No, I'm not providing you a link to that awful site... You'll be seeing this warning a lot, by the way. It's a counter-marketing thing...) It's one of those small balls that help you do crunches (my husband's an exercise nut.) It arrived about a month after. Twice. We didn't order for another one, but since it was only about 10 bucks, we figured the hassle of returning the product wasn't worth it (they usually just refund the price of the product and not shipping and handling anyway, so why the ef bother, right?)
Quick Aside: The ball sucks. And I'm not just saying that to be spiteful. It sucks. If you have a small child who is need of a small ball that's safe enough to play with, this might be just the thing you need. Otherwise, don't bother.
Anyway, fast forward to today. We get another package. It's a dish doohickey that's Barney purple. No, it's the-purple-that-Barney-would-turn-into-if-he-were-gagged. Double gag. Apparently, some people would consider this some kind of exercise apparatus. We think it's something our dog would chew on for a good 53.76 hours. (Yes, it's an exact science. Shuddup.)
So I call the 1-800 number that I had to find by myself. It wasn't on the package. I had to google the bloody address on the package. At first, they didn't have our records. The poor (but idiotic) agent, at the height of her panic, lost the connection. So I called again and got a more competent agent. Too bad though, because I was already beyond irate. Turns out, by ordering that benign ball for about 10 bucks, they managed to slip in other products that would "complement" our product into the mix. The agent said that the person with whom we placed the order should have informed us about this, but she didn't. I swear by this and would give my firstborn child, because I was on that call, and I know these clauses, and I specifically said we were not interested.
This fugly dish cum chew toy? $43.97!!! Not bad for a companion product to a 10 buck crappy ball, eh!?!?! THESE PEOPLE ARE HORRIBLE CAPITALIST PRICKS WHO ARE OUT TO ROB EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US, I TELL YA!!!
*deep breath*
*counting 1 to 1000*
*still not working*
*counting 1 to 1000*
*still not working*
So we're going to return the bloody dish, we're going to get our refund, but we'll be charged for shipping and handling. Twice. Once for the effin' dish to come here when we didn't order for it, and again to send it to them.
Gah!!!
gah...
ReplyDeletei've heard so much stories about incompetent call agents...
but this is the most persuasive and frank message i've ever encountered
good job! got into BU by the way :D
OK...OK....you've convinced me...love it when you go expressively ballistic...
ReplyDelete"THESE PEOPLE ARE HORRIBLE CAPITALIST PRICKS WHO ARE OUT TO ROB EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US, I TELL YA!!!"...
*deep breath*
*counting 1 to 1000*
*still not working*
ha ha ha...so picturesque...great blog katz.!!!
Thanks! But do spread the word! I want to go positively viral on this! LOL! I'm somewhat calmer now - but it really doesn't make it right still. Grrr.
ReplyDeleteRead again. This isn't about the agents at all. Believe me, I know what they go through (although some really ought to just find another career path...but I digress.) Bless her heart, she was only doing her (god-awful) job.
ReplyDeleteThe powers-that-be who all thrive in their antiseptic think tanks and ruminate on various ways to swindle the innocent people who only dream of having passable abdominal muscles are the ones who should piss off.
I'd like to see them trip on bender balls and gagged-Barney-purple dishes.
And of course I did a good job. That's why I taught you. *dooogsh* Besides, I thrive on righteous anger. As you may very well know. LOL!
C'mon, don't mess around--tell us how you really feel.
ReplyDeleteWait, if I bend my own ba... Never mind.
ReplyDeleteLMAO!!! OK, you have officially made me feel better. :-)
ReplyDelete"Wait, if I bend my own ba... Never mind."
ReplyDeletePati ako natawa dito, almost forgot what I was going to say. =)
I'll share this with all my relatives there. Grabe naman sila.
haha.. of course :D
ReplyDeleteI got accepted to Boston University.. BS Aerospace Eng'g (eww.. but, I love planes haha)
and oh! if ever you need a tour.. email me! :D