Friday, April 17, 2009

Going on a Date with My Moleskin and Whatever's On Tap

I'm one of those people who always carries a journal around (that's why I can never have a small bag -- Where will I keep my moleskin? Where will I keep my fancy-colored pens?) and yes, I do whip it out and write during the most random times (like when I remember something cool, overhear something funny, or think of a nice topic to blog about). When I feel like it's been a while since I last wrote a substantial entry, I go straight to a bar, find a quiet corner, and write. Alone. Yes, I'm one of those ;-). Blogging is a hobby, writing in my journal is a need.

I can usually spot kindred spirits, fellow journal-ists who just want to be left alone -- occasional interruptions by bartenders who offer to get you another beer are welcome though. I can also spot posers. They don't bother me, I just chuckle at them and move along. Everyone needs a shtick. Here's yet another webcomic strip from xkcd to explain what I mean (click on the image to enlarge):


Recent events in my personal life are begging some attention. A tragedy is afoot, and I feel helpless and broken. I just might stop by this new bar I saw before heading home. Not for any lack of attention, but I feel like my journal and I need some alone time again.

I'll do my best not to alienate anyone. :p

6 comments:

  1. Hope you're ok and you know naman that I'm one of those kindred spirits. I too cannot for the life of me, carry a small bag. I need all my crap on hand all the time.

    Thanks for sharing and I hope that whatever is going on with you, well you know you have friends here willing to lend a shoulder / ear / keg to help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Aims. That means a lot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always baffled me that *I* don't carry a notebook with me wherever I go. I guess that's the OC part of me battling it out with the writer--parang I can't bear the thought of a notebook being manhandled inside my bag, hahaha :D

    Hope the date went well, and I hope to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Then get a moleskin! That's why it's the only one I can lug around all the time e.

    Date went well, a little too well, I think! LOL! See you soon. ;-)

    ReplyDelete