Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Zoom-Zoom-Zooming Around the Womb-Womb-Womb

Just a thought: If you say, "womb-womb-womb" in a semi-slow, echoey way, it almost sounds like a light saber in action.

ANYWAY. :-)

So I'm on my 5th month with Luci and I was told to expect to feel kicks and stuff. Since I'm hardly ever late (unless I do so on purpose -- for good reason, I might add -- or, ironically, unless my husband makes me late), I was a little disappointed when I didn't feel any kicks on the very day I turned pregnant-for-five-months.

What did happen was the sudden enlargement of my belly. Okay, that actually sounds clinical. The sudden cowabungganess of my belly. That's more appropriate. All of a sudden, I got massive. Oh, and my feet are swollen to such ridiculous proportions. Well, at least now especially, since it's the end of day.

So just when I thought Lulu would be a pretty mellow puffalump, I felt her. I don't think it was a kick-kick as much as it was a kick-nudge. Like maybe she propped her feet up (much like what I'm doing right now actually). She remained active all throughout this afternoon, too.

I am all shades of tickled pink (mais oui). It feels odd, and for some reason, whenever I think of babies kicking from within wombs, I think of Sigourney Weaver in one of the Aliens movies, when her baby just kind of broke through her body. Or the movie poster of Needful Things. (Good God, what is wrong with me?!?) But this afternoon, I was comforted by the knowledge that Lulu was with me all day today and that, quite literally, I wasn't alone today.

I have a human being inside me. I mean, COME ON, does it get any cooler than that? :-))

Just one of those feeling-really-overworked-then-something-magical-happens days. :-D

2 comments:

  1. The coolest thing is that I never really lost that "womb" connection with each one of you. In my mind, you, Pow, and Jerome are still my babies. (and papa in the background is shouting, "Let them go!")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I can almost hear Papa...AND imagine your face as you explain that. :-) Love you both, Ma!

    ReplyDelete