Monday, November 14, 2011

Best Birthday Gift Ever

Every night, Lucia and I watch several Sesame Street videos to help her fall asleep. One of the things that she loves to watch is Sesame's Word on the Street clips with the monster Murray. He basically introduces a new word to the kids and asks kids and adults alike to describe/explain the word on the street. One of our all-time favorites is the episode on celebration:





Well, today being my birthday, I had quite a few little celebrations. Started by going to the chapel with Lucia, Chad, and yaya. Then my A boys gave me a card and a HUGE chocolate cake (they know their mommy all too well). We all ate the cake and reduced it to smithereens during recess and proceeded to be on a sugar high for the rest of third period.

Thanks to Facebook, I also got a barrage of well wishes from friends, students, and colleagues. I have a love-hate relationship with Facebook, but it sure knows how to make a person feel loved on his/her birthday.

Some of my favorites come from Ardy, a former student of mine. He was in the class whose study period (like study hall) I handled in his first year and then I was his English teacher in his second year. He was also in my first moderating class. I love those kids to DEATH, and we have been through a LOT (to say the least), so it really warms my heart whenever I get to hear from them again.

Click on the picture to enlarge.

Another favorite is from my brother Pow. He and I grew up together. As kids, we drove each other nuts; as much as sisters and brothers are wont to do. When we got older, we became inseparable naman. I seriously consider him as one of my best friends in this world. I don't think I will ever get used to not living close to him as he is such a huge part of who I am today. There are aspects of me that only he really understands.

Click on the picture to enlarge.

This other one was from Chaddy. Now, just to contextualize: He doesn't really go on FB all that much. In fact, I was the one who made his profile. So it really is a big deal that he posted this at all -- with a sweet video to boot!


Click on the picture to enlarge.

Here's the video that he sent:





But enough about me, because something even better is coming up! In a few hours, our darling, precious, miracle baby is going to turn one!



This time last year, I was with me was my mom (thank God) and my husband. Sure, the labor was a day and a half long, but this little pumpkin made the wait so worth it.



I'm still torn between being really sad and being really happy (I still don't want her to grow up!), but I am all about being extremely grateful. God has been so good to us, and it all really culminates with her. We thought we were never going to have a baby of our own, and my how the Lord proved us wrong. I shall forever be humbled knowing that God found us worthy to be parents of this little angel.

Happy birthday, my darling. Daddy and I are so happy to have you in our lives. You are the best birthday gift ever. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment