Saturday, August 4, 2012

Waves

We wave hello and we wave good bye.

Waves come and then they go.

All this ceaseless coming and going. Sometimes, things just need to stay put. Ah, but stay put where? That is the question I suppose.

---

In front of another ocean yet again. And a storm is coming. Well, a storm just left, and apparently there's another one coming. Because that's how we roll, see. Defiant against inclement weather. The waves are doing a marvelous job frightening me to death. There is no way on God's green earth that I shall be swimming this weekend, thankyouverymuch.

Ugh. The crashing of the waves is usually calming but...All this quiet via repetitious noise is...deafening. I can almost hear the whooshing of the blood in the vessels of my ear. (But they're not loud enough to silence the other noises that I would like to shut up. No more, no more. Please, no more.)

I feel like I had to say so many good byes yesterday, and I am steeling myself to make more of them in the coming days. Well, good-bye-for-nows, mostly. I am but a wave on a stormy ocean.

Waving good bye because eventually, I'll be waving hello. Eventually.

---
...
Don't worry. I'm okay. Mornings are usually difficult, that's all.
I'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment