Sunday, September 2, 2012

Uy, Pumopoetry

(For) Now

The wind flirts with my eyelashes
And I am forced to close my eyes
For a moment
And see sunsets of a world crafted
Out of our missed chances
I grab a hold of a memory before it flies away
And I fling it back to the deepest recesses of my mind
There it shall burrow until
It becomes inseparable with the reality
I fashioned for myself

I lace my fingers with that Promise
And It rubs a consoling thumb on a finger
Whose nail has been bitten to a mere nub
The thumb says, “Why do you weep,
When I told you I’ll come back?”
But the finger only knows of this Now

And the wind stops, and I open my eyes
And see the grey skies
For miles and miles and miles

This moment
At the cusp of dreaming and waking
This moment kills me
And makes me want to live forever
Only to die
Drowning in thoughts of if-onlys

No comments:

Post a Comment