My darling, darling, darling children,
I have been watching, listening, seeing, feeling, experiencing, being with you all, all this time. To say that I am extremely proud would be an injustice to how my heart flutters with absolute joy at every triumph you have had together and individually. In the same way, I cry a little inside (because you all know how I'm so not iyakin) when I see you hurt, frustrated, tired, and lost.
I thought that I had thoroughly cut the cord when I let you go and become seniors. I find that that is an impossibility. You are the children of my heart, and thus you shall always be.
During this retreat, your very last together, I only pray for one thing: That you find God in each other, just as I found Him in all of you. You were the reason I stayed, why I was happy, why I was a wee bit stronger. Thank you for letting me love you, and thank you for loving me so much in return.
It will all go quickly after this weekend. Pretty soon, you shall be graduating and moving off, being actual grown ups (sob). But never, ever lose sight of what you all have now. You're only at this particular cusp once. Cherish it, breathe it, live it. Then leap. Fly. Soar.
(Shocker: I shall end with a Narnia bit.) In The Last Battle, Aslan told those who were still around to go through the doorway, to leave the Old Narnia so that they could build a New Narnia. Those who believed in "Tashlan" (read book na lang...dali) went through the doorway and saw danger, fear, and misery. Those who believed in Aslan saw the promise of a New Narnia. The farther in they went, the bigger the New Narnia became. "Further up and further in!" they told each other.
My darlings, believe in Aslan. Create a New Narnia. Go further up and further in.
And know that in every step of the way, I shall be there. I always have, and I always will.
I love you with all my heart. See you when you graduate.
Love,
Ma'am Katz

No comments:
Post a Comment