We've been getting a lot of power outages these past few days. Actually, they come every day now, and they last about two hours. Some major change is underway, road construction and electricity reroutings in preparation for the international airport that's about to open about an hour from where we are.
The power outages are a bit of an inconvenience, but, like many Filipinos, we've come to adjust and adapt to these occurrences, and so now we're more or less nonplussed when they come along. We've learned to anticipate them such that when they do happen, all it elicits is the obligatory hay naku.
In a way, I feel like this much of the time. A kind of rerouting of my energies. For one thing, I've managed to make an actual friend here, the guy who does our hair at the salon downtown. He actually took me out one night and I actually had fun sans Lucia (which is an odd thing here in Iligan). He lived in Manila a long time, and so he speaks Tagalog with ease. I can't tell you how comforting that is for me. I'm also thinking of getting into a dance class of sorts -- of course, I'll have to look for one first, but I really want to get into that. Also, I'm slowly opening myself up to new possibilities, new people. I still panic from time to time, what with all these "changes", but those are minor power outages due to incoming improvements.
International flights to Happyland. Can't wait. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment