I've been to the doctor - I know when I'm supposed to be ovulating, I know that I shouldn't be drinking/smoking/taking drugs/base jumping (you get the picture), I'm taking pre-natal vitamins, and I'm drinking vats of water (for goodness knows what...but my doctor told me to do it, so I do it).
I've had it with sound, medical, scientific advice.
While I will continue to be a good patient and do everything my doctor tells me to do...I would like to open the floor to any pamahiins (old wives' tales) you have up your sleeve. For as long as it doesn't require me to do anything early in the morning (I'm a late sleeper and a late riser), I'm game. So please...any suggestions? (And yes, I've wiki-how-ed this thing...and I'm on it like butter on bread.)
In the meantime, I shall continue to drink all my pre-natal crap (that smell kinda funny), storm the high heavens with my prayers, and watch Sesame Street bawling my eyes out, wondering when in the world will I get to watch this show with one of my kids.
(Oh, and P.S. - have you guys seen Maria's daughter? She's all grown up! When did that happen???)
hmm...you could try dancing in Obando? Or offering an egg to Sta. Clara? Hehehe...if anything, it's an excuse for you to fly here and be with your friends.
ReplyDeleteThe dancing, yes. Pwede *two fingers rubbing chin*. Pero yung egg thing, that's for the weather e. Chad's mom made us do that before our wedding. :p
ReplyDeletePwede kaya proxy dun sa Obando? LOL! Hayyyyy.
i'd offer...but if ako yung mabuntis...ikaw sisisihin ko! hahahahahhaha
ReplyDeleteDrink plenty of tequila....I know that worked for a lot of people...hehehe
ReplyDeleteMy wife, sort of on her own, would lift her legs and hind quarters up for a few minutes after lovemaking to, omm... You know, keep it inside long enough to "make sure" I guess.
ReplyDeleteI have four kids on one attempt. I'm not a good one to ask, but hey, it worked doubly good for my honey.
how weird that you are told not to drink. anyway, i heard that before the drug E was used for parties, it was used for couples that weren't very intimate anymore in bed. so what "alternative" doctors would do was make the wife take E and the husband smoke pot to improve their sex life. although this doesn't directly pertain to pregnancy, i think you can try having fun with it. just make love, stay in bed all night (or day) and have fun. take a vacation or something :)
ReplyDeletemeanwhile, the suggestion of dojnd sounds like it could actually work. :)
Tequila, check. The legs thing, yes, check. Good grief. Get rid of all mental images, if you can. LOL!
ReplyDeleteDrugs actually lower the sperm count, so no check. Of course...we won't take drugs under any circumstance, of course. Ehem. LOL! You can see that I've researched this drug thing already ;-).
We were told not to think of getting pregnant...which is like telling a fish not to think about getting wet when it's swimming. But we'll Jedi Mind Trick this. We can do it. LOL.
Thanks, everyone! Keep 'em coming. :-)
how about malunggay?
ReplyDeleteor check out this link:
http://www.fertility.com/international/concern/Maximise_Your_Fertility/index.jsp
Well, I don't think we can get malunggay here...I don't think it grows here. But out of curiosity, what's the connection? I've never heard of that. Am I supposed to eat it or make tea out of it and drink it? (Because I've done this. My yaya made me do this ages ago, but I don't remember why...)
ReplyDeleteOh, OK. Just saw the link, LOL. I'll check it out now...Many thanks! :-)
ReplyDeleteI haven't gone through the whole thing, but the site looks fantastic! Thanks again, Bong!
ReplyDeleteI dunno, I just saw a famous couple on TV complimented malunggay for having their first kid... ay! ala nga pala n'on dito no he he! I read about malunggay pills somewhere...
ReplyDeletegood luck... thanks and tanim lang ng tanim!
malunggay? hmmmm... i took that to get more milky out of my boobies but not to get preggy :) (btw, breastfeed ok? its an awesome experience) To get preggy: hmmm... its good that you are ovulating. I wasn't. meaning: My eggs didn't travel to meet up with guys and just stayed put. So i took clomid and after a month...boom.. preggy :) hehe. I heard that guys drink pineapple juice or banana juice or i-don't-know to make their soldiers fast and strong. You will be in my prayers.. can't wait to see a 'lil tinka :)
ReplyDeleteNo question about it, I'm going to breastfeed. I was breastfed for 9 straight months, was never on formula, and now my mom and I share this uncanny-and-sometimes-annoying bond :-).
ReplyDeleteClomid, eh? Mahanap nga yun. I actually don't know if I am ovulating because we haven't checked for that specifically yet. Supposedly sa June pa if ever di pa rin tumalab yung "normal" way. *crossing of fingers*
Thanks, Gins! That was really helpful! :-)
great!! i plan to breastfeed alab until his first year :) no formula either :)
ReplyDeleteYup.. try and get an ultrasound to check if you are ovulating. Thats how i knew...
yeah, i breastfed my kid for over a year. aside from being the best thing for baby (she only got sick like last week for the first time and she's 2 and a half), you save so much money, and it beats waking up at night to make more formula...plus washing all the bottles the morning after. :)
ReplyDeletegood luck!