("Finished" must be pronounced as "fi-ni-shed" so it'll have that theatrical ring to it, lol.)
Today was a beautiful day. Hard to believe that it was snowing like the dickens yesterday. There was a definite hum of efficiency in school today -- it was as if everybody else had stuff to do and boy-oh-boy were they going to finish it today!
And so I printed my final draft and had my final meeting with advisor. After a few minor format changes, I went back to the computer lab, printed the final version of my thesis, dashed to Kinko's to have that bad boy bound, and dropped it off my advisor's office.
So there. I'm done. *blink-blink*
And now I shall launch into a full on screaming spree.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

I can't believe I'm done, a whole two weeks before deadline. Hoooooweee. Now I don't know what I'll do with all my free time. (Here's an idea: do all the memes I was tagged to do weeks ago! LOL!)
Thank you, everyone, for all the support and kind words. I had been writing nonstop for several months, but in reality, I had been researching for this thing for two whole years. Every paper I did all throughout my graduate studies had been geared towards this single topic, so I feel like I just gave birth to a bonny little thesis. Gah. God is good.
Here's what I wrote on my acknowledgment page:
"In writing this final project, and indeed all throughout my graduate studies, I have benefited from the encouragement, advice, and constructive criticism of Professor Douglas Busman. I also thank Mrs. M. Pengson and Mrs. L. Agnir-Paraan who inspired me to teach in the first place. I still hope to be like them when I grow up. I thank the Ateneo de Manila community – former teachers, colleagues, and students. Thank you for affirming the belief that this is my life’s purpose. I thank my parents who lead by example. And I thank my husband whose love and support guided me through the storms of writer’s block (and more).
I shall always love my country no matter where I may be. I will never forget who I am – and I am who I am because of all of you.
Lastly, I humbly dedicate this project to the Filipino students of tomorrow. Let us constantly embrace the unfolding mystery of our identity. Let us humbly be unapologetic in claiming our own future."
It. Is. Finish-ed!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, Katz!! Well done!!
ReplyDeleteAnd it's a beautiful acknowledgment page.
Thanks, Ulla! I'm drunk with joy. :-D
ReplyDeleteWow! Congratulations, Katz! Does that mean we'll be seeing you back here soon? :)
ReplyDeleteIf by "here" you mean Manila, you betchabygollywow. I'll be flying home May 5. If by "here" you mean AHS, I'm still crossing my fingers. I need to get my LET pa e, I don't know if I can teach there without it (since I already had three years there). But I did send my resume na (like a bajillion weeks ago, haha, naninigurado e).
ReplyDeletecongratulations TInka
ReplyDeleteThanks, Rox! We'll celebrate belatedly when I return. A virtual kampai will do for now. :-)
ReplyDeleteAllow me to join you in the celebration . . .
ReplyDeleteAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
Congrats tinka-belle . . . you're on your way girl!
Thank you, Geez! So funny, that nickname you just used is the same one my Nana uses especially for me. Aw. :-)
ReplyDeleteYAHOOOOOO!!!! :-D
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!
Thank you! :-D
ReplyDeleteAlas. In true Katinka fashion, I bound and submitted one of my drafts instead of the real thing. Tsk. The differences were minor, but it's no use, Katz is too anal to let this pass. Katrina would never do such a thing. Ugh. :p Now I have to print and bind it all over again.
Oh well. LOL! *palm thwack on forehead*
Wow, now there's an inspiring acknowledgment page. : )
ReplyDeleteCongrats! : )
Thanks, JC :-). Shempre because it includes you -- as a former student AND as part of the new generation. :-)
ReplyDelete