Thursday, April 30, 2009

Separation Anxiety

Today was my last day at work — the first of a series of lasts till I leave in exactly six days.

It feels weird — I am all at once excited, sad, calm, and scared. It's not like I haven't done this before. It's just that, at this precise instance, if I become quiet and still enough, I can almost feel myself growing up. :p

More than anything, I feel grateful for having had the chance to work here. The nonprofit sector will always be in my heart now. *sigh*

And off I go to the next chapter...

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you leave with such feelings, Katz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your writing a lot of good chapters that will always remain with you - so on to the next one with memories of the last one

    ReplyDelete
  3. ullangoo saidI'm so glad you leave with such feelings, Katz.
    I know :-). It's one of those ironies — I'm sad that I'm leaving, but I'm glad that I'm sad that I'm leaving. Much better than leaving feeling like this was such an awful experience. :p

    davkal saidyour writing a lot of good chapters that will always remain with you - so on to the next one with memories of the last one
    That's such an awesome and comforting way of looking at things, Dave. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back home! I'm looking for nonprofit work. Right now, I have bunch of options lined up. Nothing concrete as of yet though, just consulting for a bunch of projects. I've talked to someone who used to work for World Vision who told me to submit my resume and stuff.

    So many possibilities as of now. :-) If you know of anything/anyone else who might need an educator-slash-bleeding-heart (lol!), let them know about me!

    And yes, I will work for beer if need be!

    ReplyDelete