We've had a few medical concerns of late, too. First with me, then with Chaddy, and now...just with Chaddy, still. He still has to go through a few more rounds of tests, but hopefully, we'll get to some clear understanding soon.
But! There have also been a few highlights. :)
A co-teacher of mine is a friend of the son (still with me?) of one of my most favorite columnists everrr, Conrado de Quiros. She got me one of those cute journals (because, even though I've been blogging all these years, I still can't -- and won't -- shake the habit of actual journal writing) and she had de Quiros sign one of them for me. For. ME. Ugh, I can't stand how kilig that makes me!!! :D
I don't know what to love more! The journal? The actual note? (I mean, he wishes he could do something that I do...How. Awesome. Is. That?!?) Or what? Yeah, that's right! The fact that CONRADO DE QUIROS SIGNED MY JOURNAL!!! :D
Haha. :D
Another highlight of this past week was our recent check up on Luci. A few weeks ago, the doctor was a bit concerned because Luci was on the small side. She asked me to eat more and change my vitamins for a spell. I was also slated to take one of those icky blood tests to check if I have Gestational Diabetes (GD). When we got the results, we saw that I was right at the cusp of having it -- maybe because I took the test at the tailend of a week when I ate significantly more than before? Who knows. Anyhoo, it was a rather anxious week that followed, but when I went back for a check up, not only were my fluids normal (something about the amount of amniotic fluid pointing to GD...) but Luci had reached normal weight as well.
Here is our munchkin to date, at 27 weeks:
First she was frowning...
And then she was smiling! :D
Well, actually, she had her tongue out, right before that last picture. Haha! My daughter's so cheeky, I love it!
So there. I'm not sure when I'll be able to write something substantial again. But these two great events will tide me over till the next great event. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment