Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Smile

Lucia has had an exciting day. She's actually been having an exciting week so far (more on that later), so it's been a doozy trying to make her sleep. Right now, I'm calming her down by placing her against my entire lower half as I try to write. Primarily, I planned to get some work done (side job, school work is all but done), but my brain's fried and I can't get the Little Einstein theme song out of my head. Hence, here I am.

I love being a mother. In particular, I love being Lucia's mother. She's such a smiley baby. Her pictures don't exactly show it though since we have a sucky camera that isn't exactly subtle (it has that red flashing light before the actual picture is taken). By the time the flashes end and the picture is taken, Lucia's all bug eyed.





But oh, how she smiles! The ones who have interacted with her in person can attest to this. She chuckles quite freely now, too. She also has these roly poly knees that are like dimpled whipped cream. And when she sleeps, she looks like she's snubbing the world with her haughty pose and her upturned nose.

But best of all, I love how she knows me. And I mean, she really knows me. When I'm not holding her (which is rare, since I wear her practically all the time), she follows my voice. Her yaya number two has left due to family problems (I'm actually a little worried about her since we can't seem to get a hold of her), so I've been taking care of Lucia nonstop: Bringing the little pungkin to work with me even. But her smiles make it worth the trouble.

She instantly smiles when she sees me. Before she drifts off to sleep, she usually opens her eyes wide one last time, just to make sure that I am indeed beside her, then she gives a half smile, and then she sleeps. Oh, the eternity of happiness in her half smile!

What have I done to deserve such grace?

Insert tired but massively content sigh. :)

Okay, she's stirring, I need to let her nibble at me for a bit. Good night, all!
 

1 comment: