But there are moments in the midst of the difficult day when she gets really playful (probably riding the hyper high of Ventolin) and I am rewarded with these goofy moments.
| Well, hello there! |
| Wouldn't you want to know what was so funny? |
Her toy of choice these days – aside from her fingers and toes – seems to be the remote control. I mean, she REALLY crawls towards the remote. When we take it away, she really looks for it.
| Slowly but surely! |
| "Whaddaya mean it's not a toy?" |
These days, I’d like to have a remote control myself, just to slow things down (like this quiet moment when she’s finally asleep) or to speed things up (like the hour and a half the preceded this moment). After next weekend, it’ll be back to work for me and I am dreading it more than when my ML ended. She and I have stuck together for close to two months (that’s how long we’ve been yaya-less) and I don’t know how she’ll be without me. Heck, I don’t know how I’ll be without her! She instantly calms down when I hold her (a feeling of such immense peace descends upon me as well) and so I worry that she’ll be this giant red tomato (that’s what she looks like when she’s angry, hehe) whenever I get home from work.
Here I go again. I have to keep telling myself to let go and trust the people around me.
Or I can go to stage one. Denial. Yeah, I think I’ll do that first. Besides, there’s still next weekend to look forward to. We’ll be visiting my Nana and Daddy (grandfather) in Iligan. It’ll be our first vacation in over a year and Lucia’s first plane ride. That should be interesting.
In the meantime, I’ll deny the fact that I only a few days left. Sigh. Sleep, sleep, sleep.
| Tired from all the goofing around! |
Precious moments indeed. Things is, this time when you leave her for work, she'll be more aware of your absence cuz her brain is really retaining stuff. Btw, by the time papa sees her in August she'll be "nangingila". I wonder if we regularly skype and she sees our image on the netbook, will that make him less of a "stranger" when they meet face to face? Hmmmm... or if you talk about us when you read her the photobooks? (hint... coming soon!).
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, Ma. We talk about you guys all the time. :)
ReplyDeleteBy the way pala, when you send the photobook, could you please send it to the school na lang para there will always be someone to accept the package? Our mail at home goes straight to the building's mailbox, and the package won't fit there. I don't want to have stuff sent to Chad's house anymore din sana.
Thank you! Can't wait to see the next one!