So, yes. I’m still here. Incredibly busy.
Actually, let me say that again with a little more drama for emphasis: In. Cre. Di. Bly. Busy.
But as life was busily zipping by, Lucia turned 8 months. It’s less difficult to leave her to go to work now though (thanks, in large part, to “Manny’s” competence), but whenever I do get a chance to be quiet at work (shut up, Chaddy, I mean mentally), I do find myself wishing myself home and with her instead.
It’s supposed to get easier – and I suppose, to a certain extent, it is. But I still wish that we could go all socialist and get a heftier maternity leave. Thank goodness that I’m still able to keep Lucia exclusively on breastmilk (thanks, in large part, to very understanding co-workers who tolerate the zshuzshing sounds I keep making when I express milk). But deadlines and responsibilities are slowly eating away at my sanity.
Oh, and I have a heart thing. Nothing too serious, but it does make me incredibly tired much quicker than I want to. Bah.
*crickets* [This is me deliberately leaving the whole “heart thing” at that.]
But I digress. I honestly began this fully intending to focus on what I am thankful for, on what’s making me happy this week (an idea that I picked up and adore from Pop Culture Happy Hour). I find that if I do this, I can refocus on what is Important so that I can keep doing what is Important, Too. So here we go.
What’s Making Me Happy This Week:
1. Lucia can now sign for milk! Well, it isn’t consistent. I find that when she really, really, REALLY wants milk, she still relies on old faithful (meaning, crying), but when she’s, hmmm, peckish (if you will), she does do the sign for milk. She can also stand and cruise along by herself now. Wee.
2. Chaddy requested for a shift in work schedule, and as a result, he can now spend early evenings with me and Lucia. He gets to give her a bath, play with her before bedtime, and just be silly.
3. I am a moderator to really wonderful kids. I braced myself by telling myself that they would probably be my karma since most of them were pretty much like me when I was their age (i.e. nerdy). But, I have to go back to that statement because I have not been an awesome enough human being to be having this much fun already and...well, they may be nerdy, but they were not as oh-my-god-I’m-16-and-I-hate-the-world (now reduced to the insipid and annoying term, “emo”...ugh) as I was.
4. Coffee.
Sorry, coffee is so awesome to me right now, it deserved its own paragraph. Thank you, coffee, for keeping me up long enough to do what needs to be done. Sure, my blood to coffee ratio is spinning around like a drunk figure skater, but as far as stimulants go, I’m glad it not only gets the job done, it’s also incredibly yummy.
5. I finally have time to read. Right now, I am (finally!) reading the third book in Patrick Ness’ Chaos Walking Triology, Monsters of Men. Lucia is usually out like a light by 8 every night, so I get to read for a few hours after that before I totally conk out (i.e. my blood levels get the better of my coffee levels).
So there! :) This was good! I should keep making time to just think about what's making me happy so that I can approach the Jabberwocky that is Stress with an attitude of Gratitdue and Humility. For God is good, and always is.
Till the next break in the insanity!
No comments:
Post a Comment