Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Clouds Part and a Ray of Sunshine Pushes Through to Make Rainbows that Make Candy Sprinkles Grey in Shame

When I smell you just behind the ears, where your neck and wee shoulders meet.
When I blow raspberries on your solar plexus.
When you realize I've come home (finally!) and you wrinkle your nose in fake-cry so that you could come to me and (finally!!!) have your milkoes.
When you lift your arms and ask to be carried.
When you cry when Daddy leaves for work.
When you give your slow smile when you know Daddy and I are being goofy.
When you eat your food!
When you look at us before you make a mess, not to ask for permission, but to make sure that we know you'll make a mess and show us that you don't care and so neither should we. (Working on that.)
When your leg looks for something to rest upon so you sleep with a daintily obnoxious foot (or feet) raised ever-so-slightly.
When you clap and wave your hands on cue.
Whenever you go to the bookshelves and reach for a book.
When you calm down when I hold you.
Whenever I have you and your Daddy in bed with me and I deliberately tell myself not to get up and check papers to be with you, my loves, first.

2 comments:

  1. Like, Like, Like
    Precious memories to wrap in tissue, tuck away, then take out and daintily unwrap when your baby has grown and moved away. I miss my Katinka...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you, too, Mamadearwums! :D

    ReplyDelete