Saturday, May 5, 2012

Family

I saw this picture posted on the Facebook page of Wipe Out Homophobia and it nearly moved me to tears. I'll be quoting the caption as it appeared on the group's page.

They (Alan and Brian) have always dreamed of starting a family.
They took matters into their own hands and found a surrogate in India.
They were more than pleasantly surprised when they learned that
she was pregnant with twins. The pair has recently returned to
New York City from India with their son and daughter
in tow - and now the family is complete...

Now my feelings on the matter are quite obvious, so I won't be going on my soapbox at this juncture. Just...look at the picture and be filled with joy. I am filled with joy, simply because, I know this kind of love; between partners, between parent and child, and, well, everything in between.

Happy weekend. Be full of love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment