Friday, October 26, 2012

Cleansed

I've taken to jogging/power walking around the neighborhood every morning to help clear my mind (and well, keep being in this weight range). Most days, the streets are busy with cars and pedestrians, but today being a holiday and all, the streets were near empty. Another reason the neighborhood was a prime candidate for rolling tumbleweeds was that there was a light but steady drizzle falling all around me. I'm not a hardcore runner (please, I still detest extreme physical exertion), but I decided not to let the ambon faze me. Besides, I needed to walk off everything I ate yesterday. (Belated happy birthday again, Steph!)

When I arrived home, I was drenched. I didn't think that it was all sweat and sure enough, when I checked my mostly grey attire, I realized that I had gotten wet from the rain. I didn't realize that it was drizzling hard enough for me to get that wet.

Light though it was, the rain was steady. Unceasing. Silent. But unceasing. And the world around me got cleansed this way.

And so shall I.

No comments:

Post a Comment