Sunday, August 11, 2013

Velcro-Hug

Sometimes, it's painful. Like, physically.

I get numb headaches. I dunno if that makes sense to you, but that's the only way I can describe it. And then things go dark, and I can only focus on one thing at a time. And then for a few minutes, everything will go back to normal—noise, color, everything. And then I get overwhelmed, so I will take in huge gulps of air to still myself. And then when I finally get a grip, the world darkens again.

While things are dark, I check my pulse, just to make sure it isn't another panic attack. Because I'm calm. So what is this?

And then Lucia's squeal pierces through the reverie and I feel myself making the effort to look at her and smile.

And then the tunnel reappears and I feel the darkness Velcro-hug me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment