Lucia just had a massive tantrum.
See, she wasn't able to take her afternoon nap. So she was crying and flailing and snotting and...it was pretty bad.
So, against her wishes, I gave her a bath, dressed her up, brushed her hair, and carried her. She was kicking and screaming and snotting (sorry, can we make that a real verb now?) the whole time. But I cooed and insisted and I'm still bigger than she is (although I think I only have a few more years of that). I rocked her back and forth and in 10 minutes, she was asleep.
The last time I rocked my child to sleep was almost a year ago, under the trees, in our beloved Dalipuga.
I had a helluva week. And you'd think the last thing I'd want is a tantrum but...that was just what I needed. Thank you. :)
It's nice to know that my little headstrong, bullish, persnickety punkle still needs me from time to time. Because God knows I need her all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment