Thursday, April 7, 2011

As Simple as Marrying the One You Love

I'm talking about marriage as a civil union here, m'kay? I don't want to open that can of worms (and by "that" I mean the other attribute of marriage). Just so's y'all know and we're all clear. (Although, I acknowledge that most arguments to the contrary stem from that. I hear ya. Still.)

I saw this in my aunt's Facebook newsfeed this morning and I still can't get over how awesome it is, so I'm sharing it here. I have no doubt that both his mothers are proud of him. Heck, I'm proud of him.








I married the person I love and so far, it's been awesome. This kind of happiness is so extraordinary that, yes, I would love for other people to experience it, too. That they cannot just because of their sexual orientation is just wrong, as far as I'm concerned.

Image from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment