This morning, we went to the pediatrician for another well baby visit for today marks her 5th month. (Hurray! Fanfare!) She got another Hepatitis B vaccine and then we went to the pedia next door to get her ears pierced.
I had been looking forward to the ear piercing the whole week. I've also been a bit fretful about it as I wasn't sure how Lucia would react. She's generally really cool with needles though. She cries a little but then goes back to being steady right after. Last month, she didn't cry at all. I had been worried about the ear piercings though since I wasn't sure if they were going to throb for her or she might fidget too violently or her ear might get an infection...or fall off (don't laugh, I'm a first time mother, I'm allowed to be boinky). I have several piercings myself, so I know how the throbbing can somehow linger. (My earlobe piercings were not a big deal though. Still, Lucia's a baby.)
Anyway, the vaccination went pretty mildly. She cried a little, but she was okay after 7 seconds. After that, we had to wait for the other doctor to arrive. By the time that doctor arrived, Lucia was already very sleepy and super cranky. She was already angry when the doctor was just marking her ears, so you can just imagine the wailing that ensued when the doctor did the first ear.
| We were on the second ear. Look how angry she was! And look at what a big wuss mommy was! ;p |
| Her shirt says, "Hug me." :( |
Thankfully, when we got to the van, she fell asleep right away.
| Being adorable is exhausting. |
| She's so beautiful, I can't stand it! :D |
No comments:
Post a Comment