Friday, April 1, 2011

Bert, Ernie, Sheep, Bocelli, Elmo, and a Duck

And so I'm done! :) Well, I'm still waiting for feedback for edits, but most of my writing work is done -- done enough so that I can have an honest to goodness weekend. Hah!

Don't get me wrong. I love my side jobs. In fact, the added work keeps me sane. The coffee-fueled writing frenzy makes me feel alive. (I've NEVER been sporty nor outdoorsy, so this is the nerdy equivalent of an adrenaline rush from...doing something that would require me to sweat...I would imagine.) It's just that the past week has been a little brutal as far as deadlines are concerned. The two writing jobs I had managed to have similar deadlines, so my brain's been on overdrive the past few weeks. Oh, and did I mention that we still don't have a yaya? Yup, so all that plus taking care of an infant, full time. It's a good thing school's been out for a while.

So anyway, the Duckster and I have the usual night time routine. Some nights, she's so wired up though, it takes a bit to make her sleepy. She's also been trying to master the rollover for a few weeks and just managed to perfect it this week. She's so good at it now, she's actually a little cocky about it -- as cocky as a four and a half month old could be, haha. She's been so gung-ho with this rolling over bit, she positively delights in it, refusing to sleep even though she's clearly sleepy.

So what to do? Go to YouTube, of course. I made her watch this video first; not so much to make her sleepy but, well, because I wanted to see it. Hehe.






And then she watched this video and I kid you not, she really did become sleepy after watching it!






I don't know what to love more, the new lyrics, Elmo's attempt at vibrato, or finding out that Elmo has purple eyeshadow pala. Hehehe. I kid. Of course I love the fact that it made Lucia sleepy.

For about five minutes.

Because as am writing this, she is tugging at my shirt, a little annoyed because I caged her with pillows and my body so she won't roll over to the side. I'm not heeding her cries, I'm pretending to ignore her because she tends to put herself to sleep when I do so. I just have to wait it out.

...This is me drumming my fingers...

But I love how she has these little quirks now. It's like I'm getting to know her as a person now and not just this huge ball of adorable fluff.

So, I know it sucks not to have a yaya...but did I also mention how awesome it is not to have a yaya? :)

Yeah. So happy weekend. I'm going to have an awesome one.

No comments:

Post a Comment