Friday, January 2, 2009

...because they will have funny looking sunglasses in 2010


This was an especially difficult year for a lot of reasons, but it also ushered in a lot of new friendships and the promise for a more hopeful beginning.

2009 is our make-or-break year. Big decisions will have to be made this year, decisions that will ultimately affect how the rest of our lives will pan out. Aside from starting the year without my husband by my side (sad!), I step into 2009 with a lot of trepidation, hope, and faith.

(Picture taken from here.)

1. Was 2008 good for you? Yes and no actually. It was a tough year to be in the US -- but we made such great friends this year and that definitely takes the sting out of a lot of things.

2. What was your favorite moment of the year? Whenever Chaddy and I went on date nights, the road trip to MD/NY and back, cooking a fantastic meal that a lot of people enjoy.

3. What was your worst moment of the year? Whenever I check on the balance of my checking account. LOL.

4. Where were you when 2008 began? At home with my family.

5. Who were you with? Parents, brother, and husband.

6. Where will you be when 2008 ends? I was with my family again, but Chaddy was back in the PI. :-(

7. Did you keep your New Year's resolution of 2008? No, I don't believe in making them for the year. I am a constant work in progress, each day presents itself with an opportunity to change.

8. Do you have a New Year's resolution for 2009? Nope. More of a bunch of hopes. 2009 will be a year for making huge life decisions.

9. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes.

10. If yes, with who? With my husband, over and over again. :-)

11. Are you still in love? Yes.

12. Did you breakup with anyone in 2008? Yes, with my compulsive need to shop. I've definitely become more mature with my purchases, LOL! I am far from perfect (ugh, don't get me started with Amazon.com!) but I'm definitely working on it.

13. Did you make any new friends in 2008? Oh, most definitely. Really good friends, too.

14. Did you travel outside your home country in 2008? I don't live in my home country.

15. Did you miss anybody this year? Everybody back in my home country.

16. What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2008? Oh, man. There's no way I can pick just one. Lars and the Real Girl, Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist, Wall-E, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button...

17. What was your favorite song from 2008? It's not from 2008, but it definitely has been my anthem for the year. Cynthia Alexander's Comfort In Your Strangeness.

18. How many concerts or plays did you see in 2008? 2 plays and numerous choral concerts.

19. Did you have a favorite concert in 2008? The one in Calvin with the Capella and ACS.

20. What was your favorite book in 2008? I honestly don't know! Too many.

22. How many people did you sleep with in 2008? Just one. :-)

23. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year? I can't even think of a year when I did NOT do anything I was ashamed of! LOL!

24. What was the biggest lie you told in 2008? "I'm OK."

25. Did you treat somebody badly in 2008? I came across a few pricks this year, so I honestly hope I did. ;p

26. Did somebody treat you badly in 2008? Yes, but it wasn't anybody that mattered.

27. What was your proudest moment of 2008? Lasting the year.

28. What was your most embarrassing moment of 2008? I'm not sure...

29. If you could go back to any moment of 2008 and change something, what would it be? Not putting aside more time to read. I bought several books this year that I haven't even begun to read!

30. Where did you work in 2008? Johnson Center for Philanthropy.

31. Favorite TV shows(s) of 2008? Grey's Anatomy, Brothers and Sisters, House, Jon and Kate Plus 8.

32. Favorite Band(s) of 2008? No bands, more of singer/songwriters.

33. Favorite Food in 2008? The cilantro rice I make. Yummmm.

34. Favorite Drink in 2008? Grey Goose and cranberry juice.

35. Favorite Place in 2008? "The Batcave." LOL.

36. Favorite person(s) to be with in 2008 aside from family? Our friends here.

37. Favorite person(s) to talk with in 2008? There was no single person, but a bunch of them.

38. Hardest thing you had to go through in 2008? Not having financial security. (This economy sucks.)

39. Most exciting moment(s) in 2008? Obama winning!!!

40. Funniest moment(s) in 2008? Daily banter with Chaddy.

41. A valuable life lesson you learned in 2008: "Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment