Saturday, January 24, 2009

"Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing."

According to my Gmail Funny Quote for the day, that was said by Robert Benchley. I just found it funny and appropriate, especially because that's exactly how I feel today.

I've made the decision to go back home. I wrote this long entry to explain why and I found myself getting frustrated because the more I explained, the more I sounded like I was defending my decision. And I'm sick and tired of defending my decision -- like it was such an awful decision.

So no, I'm not going into it today. I'm sick and I'm in excruciating pain (no worries, this happens every month). So I don't trust that I shall be as, er, nice (?) if I start writing about it now. I feel as if I would be spewing out an unfortunate amount of vitriol -- and I wouldn't know if it would be because of certain individuals who think that their notion of happiness fits in with mine, or it would be just the pain (or the pain meds, hehe) talking.

So know only this for now: I'm going back home. I really don't want to talk about it right now. I just want to say it out loud so that it will become real and I can own the happiness that comes from this decision. My declaration of my intent to go home is my big "*bleep* you" to those who think they know how to live my life better than I. (And I know it's a little futile, since they won't be able to read this anyway, but it's the thought that counts, lol.)

More details to follow, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment