Wait, let me qualify: I think girls are harder to handle than boys. Boys are less of a mystery. Girls are vicious and emotionally all over the place. (Behold, it is I, Exhibit A.)
Anyway, just watch first:
Now that we know it's a girl (hi, Lulukins!), I'd have to say...I'm still terrified, hehe. Now the fear is tinged with a healthy dose of excitement though. It's dangerous and silly to put stock on what "girls are like" vis-à-vis what "boys are like" anyway (Gender Equality 101). All I know is that she will be all ours, and that's what gloriously counts. :)
I do have to say though, God have mercy on the man or woman (Gender Equality 101.1) who will dare break the heart of my Munchkin, because this Mama Munchkin might be small, but she be the Head of the Lollipop Guild. Ya hear?
And so now I'm on my 6th month, the first month of my final trimester. I'm hugehugeHUGE like it's nobody's business. Yesterday, Chaddy and I went window shopping for baby stuff to compare prices and I can't believe how excited I got, considering I absolutely hate shopping. Good grief, this child will have nothing but (absurdly) pink items to last her through her early childhood, methinks. (As a side note, I really hope we get a boy next time, if only so that Chaddy, the real shopper of the two of us, can get to feel the satisfaction of buying miniature boy stuff. Oooh, you should've seen those baby barongs and pants!)
I'll upload the updated picture tomorrow maybe. I switched into my jammies as soon as I got home and now I'm too lazy to wear the white-shirt-and-jeans combo that has become my preggy picture uniform. :p
Since I started with an adorable video that freaked me out a bit, let me end with an adorable video that calmed me down. One of my former students (he was in my moderating class and I taught him for two years, so he really is one of "my kids" -- haha!) posted this on my Facebook wall as well. He and I share a rabid Bob Marley adoration, so this was particularly enjoyable for me.
Enjoy this, Lulu (and everybody else)! Konti na lang!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment