As I was about to leave though, they presented me with gifts! Cake, letters, and a huge-ass jar of Skittles (my favorite!). One of them even gave me a fan that he made himself. They are so loving, I can't believe anything to the contrary could be used to describe them. I've been having a difficult month, but they've been a constant source of joy. Oh my, how I shall miss them.
I showed them this video on the last day of school, because I told them I'd be waiting for them to call for me, because I would only be a call away, because the end of the year doesn't mean I'd end being their mother. The video takes on another meaning now, but I shall keep that to myself at this point. They've given me enough love to buffer me for the days to come...as they shall become even more challenging.
They kept thanking me for being their mother, for taking care of them. They apologized for not showing me enough how much they love me. Silly things. They have no idea how happy they have made me throughout the year, how comforting they were to me...how so much of the difficulty of the past few weeks has been because I haven't been able to see them. Because of them, I did not notice the zombies, the nuclear apocalypse, and all the other doom-makers. Now, it seems as though that's all I see. Lucia, poor thing, has been working overtime, being my sole source of comfort now.
I do love my boys, the children of my heart.
But it's time to let them go and let them forge their own ways. I just wish they don't fall prey to the zombies. Or those zombies shall hear from me.
No comments:
Post a Comment