Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sing It, Baby

Tired of trying to verbalize everything e. Singing it all away na lang.







 

And this is why 
This is why 
Why we fight 
Come hell 
Bride of quiet 
Bride of all unquiet things 
Bride of quiet 
Bride of hell

   
 
I never saw the point in trying 
Cause I would only let you down 
And I just couldn't take you down there with me 
I just can't stand to see you drown 
 I never saw the point in crying 
Cause I can't be the way you want 
And I don't want lay around here waiting 
Waiting for you to change your mind

   

Well I reached in the cupboard for something to feed you 
and I hoped that these words were enough to keep you 
but the moon is so high and the stars are so bright 
you could be the one that I needed 

 When the sun came you hit the trail 
like an old cowboy bent for the wild road 
and so I carved your name into all the tree legs 
and we waited for you until dark came 

 I once knew a man who told a tale as tall as the mountains that he came from 
and he said there's a place 
where all the folks wait 
when death strips their faces of color 
Are you there?

   

 Pearl:
 I walk down the road and I’m alone again, 
but I will sing a song as I go 
I walk down the road and I’m alone again, but
You will be the voice in my throat 

 Beard: 
All these years I’ve travelled down the lonely pathway 
Singing something you’ll never know 
All these years 
I’ve travelled down the lonely pathway 
You have been the voice in my throat

   

 And in the future 
Our love will surely fade away 
Or so they tell me 
 But we know better don't we 
So I keep singing my song 
Won't you sing along? 

 So tell me truth don’t tell me lies 
I’ve seen the truth inside your eyes 
Life is so short, everyone dies 
So live a beautiful lie

   

And when it all comes crashing down, 
 what can you do, to find what you're looking for? 
 And then the words will come to you, driving through the rain. 

 But there'll be no one there to say them to anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment