The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)
Simon and Garfunkel
Slow down, you move too fast.
You got to make the morning last.
Just kicking down the cobble stones.
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.
Hello, lamppost,
What cha knowing?
I've come to watch your flowers growing.
Ain't cha got no rhymes for me?
Doot-in' doo-doo,
Feelin' groovy.
Got no deeds to do,
No promises to keep.
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.
Life, I love you,
All is groovy.
A little existentially out of breath. I feel like I've been chasing after other people's definitions (or expectations) of me, like I've been trying to keep up, but I've always fallen two (or ten) steps behind. I need to reboot and will a tabula rasa me into being.
I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm doing it anyway because I have to, I want to, and I must.
So I'm going to go inside my cave first to regroup.
| Me on my new bed, in my new room, at my new condo. All this new-ness! Might as well get to my new me. |
No comments:
Post a Comment