Thursday, December 27, 2012

A New Day

Today marks the first day I am off my morning meds. :)

My new doctor gradually weaned me off the other meds and now I am left with just two meds at night, with another one "as needed" na lang. A new day, indeed!

Christmas was a blur at the same time, it wasn't. It started off with precious Skype time with my parents and the rest of my family in the US. It had been ages since I last spoke to most of them, and I cannot tell you how much it filled my heart with joy. It set the tenor for the entire day as Lucia met and re-met long lost relatives here in Iligan. I actually met people my age! Haha! I was so happy; it felt wonderful to be around family. And food. Glorious food. :)

Also, today I get my new tattoo; Lucia's name on my wrist, to commemorate how her mere presence saved my life as I tried to end things with that exact same wrist -- how her mere presence saves me every single day.

It's too early yet to say this, but have a happy new year, everyone. It looks like Lucia and I will have one. God be good to us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment