Thursday, November 3, 2011

Beautiful Eyes

Getting Lucia to sleep at night is a long and tiring process, but it's pretty predictable. I give her a bath at around 6 and then we play, read, watch videos, blow raspberries on each other, until I eventually nurse her to sleep. All this takes about two hours. Yup. Two hours. By the time she falls asleep, I'm usually pretty exhausted (mostly from the nursing, but now that she's getting bigger, from the playing, too).

This usually gets her pretty sleepy. If you have a young one, try this with him/her. I think the combination of classical music and Elmo brings her to her calm, happy place. All the classical music she listened to while in utero might have something to do with it.




She has all sorts of tricks now. She can clap her hands, dance, wave, and walk about two to three steps on her own. Of all her neat little tricks, my favorite, hands down, is the "beautiful eyes" trick. 

You all know how it goes. Someone says, "Beautiful eyes!" and then the baby kinda flutters her eyelids. With Lucia, she makes you work for it:

Me: Beautiful eyes!

Lucia: < default face >

Me: Beautiful eyes!

Lucia: <Oh, you mean like, more than usual. Tsss.>

Lucia furrows her brows and gives me an are-you-frikkin'-kidding-me look.

Me: Beautiful eyes!

Lucia rolls her eyes, squints, laughs (at my glee), squints again, then deadpans. I swear to God, she deadpans in the end...and I don't know where she got that.

I swear, this baby is awesome. Hahaha!

My bonny little lassie is something else. Most people would agree that she looks like Chad, but my goodness, I'm afraid her impish personality belies a more definitive resemblance to me.

Watch out, World.


No comments:

Post a Comment