Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

Thanksgiving isn't a big holiday here in the Philippines, but it is still my favorite holiday. I remember how nippy the weather turns, how pretty the leaves become, how the woolly sweaters make a comeback. Sure, it has origins that are distinctly...violent (if you will), but I like that it has evolved into something much more benevolent. You don't have to belong to a particular religion or race to celebrate it because gratitude is universal.

Plus, turkey is awesome and I make a mean stuffing.

So, in keeping with this weekend's theme, I would like to publicly state what I am thankful for:

I am thankful for wobbly steps that flirt with the possibility of running.

I am thankful for a husband who knows how to make me feel better after a huge dose of douchebaggery from a "friend."*

I am thankful for my kids who are the darlings of my heart -- difficult as they may be to handle at times. :p (You guys are so gulo!)

I am thankful for coffee. And wine.

I am thankful for my co-teachers who are hard working and easy-to-laugh.

I am thankful for my gift of wit (for how shall I survive otherwise?).

I am thankful for a God who gives me the Desire to desire, even if I am often remiss with the Thank Yous.

Happy thanksgiving, everyone! :)

*Yes, there is a back story to that, but no, I shall not write about it here. Needless to say, that "friend" is no longer one.

No comments:

Post a Comment